Equipment world named the 12 finalists for its Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 program.
The competition, now in its 22sd year, rewards entrepreneurs who demonstrate the highest standards of business acumen, expertise in equipment management, attention to safety and community involvement.
Each finalist will receive a paid trip to Las Vegas in March, staying at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort. During the event, the finalists will participate in two panel discussions and attend an awards banquet, during which the Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 will be announced.
In addition, each finalist will appear in a profile on the Equipment world site. the Equipment world The Entrepreneur of the Year program has been sponsored by Caterpillar since its inception.
In alphabetical order by company name, here are the 12 finalists, along with a few comments Equipment world editors received from their references:
1. Barbara Jeter and Brandon Jeter, Allied Paving Company, Garden Grove, CA: âThey are extremely responsive. If you have an urgent question or need information, this is a company that always has their phone open or a quick email response and are never ready to hesitate.
2. Todd Bennick, Bennick Enterprises LLC, Nebo, NC: âWe had many obstacles to juggle, like any construction project. Bennick worked tirelessly to keep us, the general contractor and the entire project team, happy with the end product. “
3. William Johnson, Enywhey Services, Williston, North Dakota: âThis is one of those companies that you can call for any job you need and not only will they do it, but they will do it efficiently and quickly. This company is a company I trust to get the job done, and it’s done right every time.
4. John Evans, HW Tucker Company Inc., Little Rock, Arkansas: âHW Tucker is so good they choose their customers. They have exceptional equipment for labor savings and productivity, and the team is service-oriented. Any issues I encountered were addressed immediately.
5. Thomas Iacoboni, Iacoboni Site Specialists Inc., Rosedale, Maryland: âIf the job had to be done, Tom did it. If it is a substantial addition, he consults me on it. We have a good handshake agreement. We trust them to keep their word.
6. Jason Rahn and Nicole Rahn, The McGraley Company, Springfield, GA: âMcGraley is still doing it for us. They often go above and beyond to do things outside of the contract. They want to do a good job and have a good reputation. It’s not just a question of money for them.
seven. Alyson Fowler and Jeff Fowler, Pilot Rock Excavation Inc., Central Point, Oregon: âThey are not ruthless or ready to beat you. They are a local business and recognize us as a local business and the benefits of doing business together.
8. Darian Houssain, Pro Lawn Care and Landscaping, Richmond, Indiana: âAlthough he’s always busy, he does what he says and gets things done in a safe and reliable manner. He has made his company a very respected part of our region.
9. Marcia Veidmark & ââArvid L. Veidmark III, SSC Underground, Phoenix, Arizona: âSSC is a good example of a company that has established itself as a leader in the field. They assess and manage the risk associated with their unique niche and highly value building relationships at all levels to operate fairly and efficiently.
ten. Missy Scherber & Trevor Scherber, T. Scherber Demolition & Excavation, Rogers, Minnesota: âNothing that comes to Missy is taken for granted, and with every win she shares the praise with those who made an impact on the win. Missy continually wants to make a difference, not only selfishly for her business, but for her community, be it coworkers, women, people of color and her clients.
11. Stacey Tompkins, Tompkins Excavating, Putnam Valley, New York: âI have always been impressed with the pace and the production that they are able to maintain with the work they do, while being professional and personable. It’s hard to find in any business.
12. Lynn Watson and Eric Watson, Watson Excavating Inc., Turbotville, Pennsylvania: âWe were very impressed with Watson. They made suggestions on how to improve the construction of the site and made an effort not only to do what they said, but also to make things better.